Veal Medallions “Venus”
- Flour as required
- 8 slices filet of veal, 2 1/2 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 8 shrimps (size 21-25 count), shelled, deveined and butterflied
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup light whipping cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Flour the veal medallions and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat half the butter and brown the milk-fed veal. Remove meat from pan and keep warm.
- Add the remaining butter, shallots, red pepper, and shrimp. Cook gently for a few minutes.
- Deglaze with the brandy. Add the tomato sauce and cream and reduce by a quarter.
- Return the veal to the pan and simmer a few minutes in the sauce. Season to taste and serve.
Source: MilkFedVeal.com and Tony Spataro, chef, DaToni Restaurant, Quebec, Canada