Veal Chops with Mushrooms
- 4 veal rib or loin chops, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/8 cup dry sherry
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chops on grill over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness, turning once and sprinkling with herbs after turning. Serve with mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper; add mushrooms and toss well.
- Transfer mushrooms to a grilling basket or rack in a broiler pan and grill or broil until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is softened and pale gold, about 1 minute. Add sherry and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and parsley; toss well. Serve over grilled veal chops.