Veal Chops with Fresh Herb Marinade
- 4 veal T-bone chops, about 1/2 pound each
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- Place veal chops in a shallow dish. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, pour over the chops and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take the marinated chops out of the refrigerator a few minutes before grilling on the barbecue .
- Preheat the barbecue for medium-high heat.
- Grill the milk-fed veal chops on both sides quickly and finish cooking on the top grill or at low temperature. For light pink meat, remove the chops when the juices reappear on both sides, the chops have reduced slightly and the internal temperature has reached 150°.
Source: MilkFedVeal.com and Alain Fortier, chef and consultant, Quebec Milk-fed Veal