Sesame Veal Strips
- 1 pound veal leg cutlets, cut 1/4" thick
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In small bowl, combine wine, onion and sesame oil; mix well. Stack veal cutlets; cut crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Place veal and marinade in plastic bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak 10 to 12 bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Remove veal from marinade; discard marinade. Thread an equal amount of veal, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer. Do not crowd. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes for medium doneness, turning once.
Cook’s Tip: To broil, place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 4" from heat. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.