Herb Butter American Lamb Steaks
- 4-6 American Lamb Steaks
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of thyme ,chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of whole black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Herb Butter and mix thoroughly. Place in refrigerator and let cool until 15 minutes before cooking steaks.
- Season steaks thoroughly with salt & black pepper.
- Heat grill to medium to medium-high heat.
- Place steaks on the grill and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 130°-135°F for medium rare.
- While steaks are cooking, preheat a skillet on the grill. Add butter to the skillet and cook until fully melted.
- Remove steaks from grill and brush with Herb Butter while they rest for 4 to 5 minutes. Squeeze some extra lemon juice on top, slice into steaks.
Source: Over the Fire Cooking & The American Lamb Board