- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon garlic paste or 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste or minced ginger
- 2 pounds of veal cutlets
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water (more or less, based on thickness preferred)
- Optional garnish of chopped peanuts
- Optional cayenne pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Slice veal cutlets into long strips about ½” thick.
- Add veal strips to the marinade and marinate for 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, skewer the meat onto metal or wooden skewers (thread the meat onto the skewer over, under, over, under, like an accordion). If using wood skewers, soak them in water first.
- Cook on your outdoor grill or indoor grill pan, or mediumhigh heated frying pan until done, about 3 minutes or less per side.
- Serve skewers as is, or serve with Peanut Dipping sauce alongside or drizzled over the skewers.
- To prepare Peanut Sauce, combine all dipping sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust. If you want a “little heat”,add in a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- Add more or less water to sauce based on preference for a thicker or thinner sauce.
- Scrape sauce into a small ramekin or drizzle over the warm Satay.
Source: Colleen Kennedy at Souffle Bombay & VealMadeEasy.com