Veal Saltimbocca Sliders
10 (2 1/2 oz. sliders)
1 pound ground veal
2 egg whites
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
4 ounces heavy cream
4 ounces plain yogurt
4 ounces fresh bread crumbs
2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
5 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in halves
10 fresh sage whole leaves
10 Fontina cheese slices
4 ounces dry bread crumbs
2 ounces clarified butter or vegetable oil
10 slider-size buns
10 beefsteak tomato slices
1 ounce yellow frisée
½ ounce balsamic vinegar
- Place chilled ground veal and egg whites into a food processor, pulse until smooth. Add salt, white pepper and nutmeg, pulse until fully incorporated.
- Add heavy cream and yogurt slowly, pulsing until incorporated.
- Add fresh ground bread crumbs and minced sage leaves.
- Remove from food processor and shape into 2 ½ oz. patties.
- Roll patties lightly in bread crumbs and cover top with prosciutto.
- Heat clarified butter in a nonstick skillet large enough to hold patties in one layer without crowding.
- Cook patties in pan, prosciutto side down, for about three to four minutes, and turn. Continue cooking for another two to three minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place sage leaf on top of prosciutto and cover with Fontina cheese.
- Finish in oven until cheese is melted.
- Split buns in half and place a slice of tomato on bottom of each bun.
- Place a veal patty on top of each tomato slice.
- Place some frisée on top of patty, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and cover with top of bun.