- 1 pound veal leg cutlets, cut 1/8" - 1/4" thick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh sage
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut to fit cutlets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup diced seeded tomato
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8” thickness, if necessary. Sprinkle cutlets with pepper. Sprinkle sliced sage on top of cutlets; cover with prosciutto. Cover cutlets with a piece of parchment or waxed paper; with hand, gently press prosciutto into the cutlets.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until melted. Place 2 or 3 cutlets in skillet, prosciutto side down. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until veal is cooked through, turning once so that prosciutto is on top. Remove cutlets; keep warm. Repeat twice to cook remaining cutlets.
- Add wine to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until slightly syrupy. Stir in any juices released from cutlets; remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon room temperature butter and minced sage. Spoon sauce over cutlets. Top with tomato and cheese. Serve immediately.