Veal Rolls with Salsa
- 8 large veal scallops, about 1 pound total
- 1 cup thick salsa
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup spinach, washed, dried, trimmed, and chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, chili sauce and tomato paste. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the spinach, red peppers and ricotta. Place about 3 tablespoons of this mixture on each scallop and roll up.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce into the bottom of an 8″ x 12″ ovenproof dish. Arrange the veal rolls side by side in the dish, add salt and pepper to taste and pour the rest of the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the grated mozzarella.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Continue cooking under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Cook’s Tip: For an Italian touch, replace some or all of the spinach with arugula and the salsa with tomato.