Veal Rib Chops Dijonnaise
- 4 frenched veal rib chops, 5 oz. each and 1” thick
- Dijon mustard to brush over the chops and use in the sauce
- 4 large shallots, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sufficient quantity of butter or oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup demi-glaze sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Coat the edges of the milk-fed veal chops with the Dijon mustard. Then roll the edges of the chops in the shallots and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter in a skillet with an undulated bottom over medium-high heat and brown the chops on both sides.
- Place the chops on a wire rack in a drip pan and cook in oven until the internal temperature reaches 150°, about 10 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chops.
- In the same skillet, using a wooden spoon, quickly cook 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, deglaze the skillet with the white wine, add the demi-glaze sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Let the sauce simmer while the chops are cooking.
- Pour a trickle of sauce onto the serving plates, and arrange the milk-fed veal chops on the sauce.
Source: MilkFedVeal.com and Alain Fortier, chef and consultant, Quebec Milk-fed Veal