Veal Medallions with Montreal-Style Shallot Marinade
- 4 veal medallions, about 2.5 oz. each and 1” thick
- 1 cup red or white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pepper to taste
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the veal medallions on a plate, pour the marinade on the meat and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove medallions from marinade and drain.
- Over high heat, make grill marks on both sides of the meat and finish cooking at reduced temperature.
- For light pink veal, remove the steak from the grill when the volume of the meat starts to shrink, juices appear on both sides and the internal temperature reaches 150°F. Allow meat to rest a few minutes before serving.