Veal Meatloaf Muffins with Crispy Topping
- 1 pound ground veal
- 3/4 cup instant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Asian chili sauce, such as sriracha or sambal
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Pre-heat an oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the veal, oats, tomato juice, eggs, garlic, onion, salt, black pepper and parsley.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6 muffin cups. In a small bowl combine the topping and mix well. Add the topping to each muffin and press lightly to help stick topping to meat mixture.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs has browned and reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garnish ingredients and add a dollop of sour cream mixture to the finished muffin.
Source: Funded by the Beef Checkoff