Veal Liver with Caramelized Onions
- 1 pound veal liver
- ¼ cup flour for coating
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Chop onion finely and set aside.
- Dredge veal liver lightly with flour. Shake off any excess flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan. Cook liver for 2 minutes on each side for medium doneness (pink in center). Adapt timing according to your preference for doneness. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the same pan and cook the onion with the sugar over low heat until golden brown. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar for about 1 minute.
- Plate liver and top with onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley, pomegranate seeds and halved cherry tomatoes.