Veal Filet with Maple Sauce & Cranberries
- 1 3/4 pounds veal filet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup demi-glace sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Salt and pepper the veal filet.
- In a large oven-proof pan, melt the butter on medium. Sear the filet 4 to 5 minutes on all sides.
- Continue cooking in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 147°F.
- Remove the filet from the oven and place on a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil.
- In the same pan, cook the French shallots for 1 to 2 minutes on medium.
- Add the cranberries, maple syrup and demi-glace sauce. Stir. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slice the filet and serve with the sauce.