1 pound ground veal
1 carrot, cut in large pieces
1 celery stalk, cut in large pieces
2 French shallots, cut in large pieces
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can creamed corn
Mashed potatoes with tumeric and paprika in sufficient quantity
- In a food processor, finely chop the pieces of carrot, celery and French shallots.
- Add the egg, spices and cornstarch. Mix for one minute.
- Add ground veal. Blend until the mix is smooth. If needed, let sit in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down and oil the bottom of 4 compartments and leave one compartment empty in between.
- Take 1/4 of the preparation mix, make a patty and place a small square of parchment paper on top. Repeat this step for the other 3 patties.
- Carefully spread the patty on the oiled compartments to make cups, leaving the parchment paper in place.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the meat is golden. Remove the muffin tin from the oven and let sit for a few minutes.
- Remove the cups by turning them slightly and remove the parchment paper.
- Place the veal cups on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Fill the cups with creamed corn.
- With a pastry bag, make mashed potato rosettes on top. Sprinkle with turmeric and paprika.
- Cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rosettes are nicely colored.