Veal Burgers with Mozzarella
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves, snipped
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split in two
- Sliced tomatoes and bell peppers
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients until well blended. Shape into 4 round balls and bury a piece of cheese in the center of each one. Flatten the balls into thick patties.
- Grill the patties for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning gently, until the internal temperature reaches 174° or the meat is golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the center.
- Assemble the burgers with the sliced tomatoes and peppers and serve immediately.