Tzatziki Lamb Burger
Prep Time:10 mins.
Cook Time:10 mins.
1 1/4 pounds ground American lamb
1 small cucumber
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1/2 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 shallot, finely chopped
Olive oil, as needed
4 tomato slices
- Grate cucumber on the large-hole side of a box grater; place in a medium bowl.
- Add yogurt, mint, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix lamb, shallot, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 patties.
- In a skillet, grill pan or on a hot grill, cook patties in oil until browned on both sides and pink in the middle, about 8 minutes.
- Place burger on a toasted bun; top with tomato and tzatziki.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board