Tzatziki Lamb Burger
- 1 1/4 pounds ground American lamb
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sugar, pinch
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Olive oil, as needed
- 4 buns
- 4 tomato slices
- Grate cucumber on the large-hole side of a box grater; place in a medium bowl.
- Add yogurt, mint, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix lamb, shallot, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 patties.
- In a skillet, grill pan or on a hot grill, cook patties in oil until browned on both sides and pink in the middle, about 8 minutes.
- Place burger on a toasted bun; top with tomato and tzatziki.
Source: American Lamb Board