Tortellini & Lamb Country Soup
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound lamb boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Spray a large pot with nonstick cooking spray. Add celery and onion and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add lamb, cooking until brown.
- Mix in broth, tortellini, vegetables, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Source: American Lamb Board