Thai Salad with American Lamb & Peanut Dressing
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless Leg of American Lamb, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 to 3 tablespoons water to desired consistency
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine lamb ingredients and toss well. Grill the lamb for 15 minutes on each side and rest the lamb for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the lamb into thin pieces.
- To prepare Peanut Dressing, thin out the peanut butter by adding a tablespoon of water at a time and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and mix. If the sauce is too thick, add more water to thin.
- Assemble the Salad by layering the salad ingredients, grilled lamb slices and Peanut Dressing.
Source: Two Purple Figs & The American Lamb Board