Spiced Rack of American Lamb
- 2 pounds of American lamb racks, fat trimmed and discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Lemon wedges to serve
PreparationMix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the garam masala, mint and salt. Rub mixture over the lamb 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan. Once the oil is hot, sear the lamb until golden brown for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the lamb to a baking sheet or roasting pan and roast in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the lamb is cooked to the desired degree of doneness (135 degrees for medium-rare).
- For a crispier crust on the lamb, turn the oven to a medium broil and broil for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, cover loosely with a foil tent for about 5 minutes to rest. Drizzle with the pan juices and serve immediately.
Source: A Brown Table & The American Lamb Board