Satay with Sesame Sauce
- 1 pound veal leg cutlets, cut in strips or scallopini
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Mix all the marinade ingredients well and set aside.
- Lightly pound the veal strips to flatten.
- Thread the milk-fed veal strips in an S form on wooden skewers.
- Place the brochettes in a shallow dish, pour the marinade over the brochettes, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Prepare the sesame sauce, mixing all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Remove the veal brochettes from the marinade and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the brochettes.
- Grill the brochettes on the barbecue until the outside is crisp and the inside is just pink, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the sesame sauce, accompanied by steamed rice and vegetables.