Rack of Veal with Green Peppercorn Sauce
- 1 veal rack, 6 ribs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup veal stock
- 1/2 tablespoon green peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Trim and season the rack of veal.
- Heat a little butter in a skillet and brown the rack of veal. Remove it from the skillet and place it on the grill of a dripping pan.
- Place the dripping pan in the oven and cook the veal until the internal temperature reaches 150°F or the meat juices rise to the surface and the veal begins to shrink.
- In the meantime, deglaze the skillet with red wine and add the veal stock, followed by the demi-glace sauce and the green peppercorns.
- For maximum flavor, reduce the sauce by at least half and then adjust the seasoning, if necessary. For a smoother sauce, strain the sauce and whisk in some butter.
- Remove the veal from the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Cut the veal rack between the ribs, spoon the sauce over the veal and serve with the side dishes of your choice.