Middle Eastern-Spiced Lamb Ribs
1 hr. 45 mins.
1 hr. 45 mins.
- 4 racks American Lamb ribs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Middle Eastern Grilling Rub (recipe follows)
- 1½ cups Spicy Peach-Mustard Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup peach or mango jam or marmalade
- 1/3 cup coarse mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1-2 tablespoons Middle Eastern Grilling Rub
- For the Middle Eastern Grilling Rub, in a dry skillet, add paprika, cumin, ginger, coriander, allspice, black pepper, oregano, cinnamon, and red pepper. Cook over a low heat for several minutes until mixture begins to lightly smoke. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in sugar and salt. Place in a covered container; hold until ready to use.
- For the Spicy Peach Mustard Dipping Sauce, in a saucepan, simmer jam, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, and Middle Eastern Grilling Rub over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cover and chill.
- Brush each lamb rack with oil. Generously sprinkle ¼ cup Middle Eastern Grilling Rub on each side of racks; gently rub to adhere.
- Place lamb on a metal rack on sheet pans (2 lamb racks per sheet pan); cover with foil. Roast at 300°F for 1½ hours. Remove foil and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes until ribs begin to brown and caramelize. Remove from heat and cool. Cover and chill ribs.
- To serve, grill cooked lamb ribs over medium heat on grill until slightly charred and crunchy. Cut each lamb rack into individual ribs, about 9 ribs per rack. Serve 3 ribs per serving with Spicy Peach Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Source: American Lamb Board