Melted Mediterranean Lamb Rolls
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 5 oz. of mozzarella, sliced
- 1-2 marinated red peppers, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup prunes, halved
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of one lemon
- Lay a cutlet out on a clean cutting board. If cutlets are thick, make thinner with a rolling pin or meat mallet to make them larger. The thinner they are the better, as you have more area for rolling.
- Near one edge of a piece of meat, place a slice of cheese, a slice of pepper, a few pieces of onion, a few pistachios, half a prune, a few coriander leaves, a sprinkle of lemon zest, and a pinch of cumin. Season with salt and pepper and roll up carefully. Secure the roll with a toothpick or bamboo skewer by threading it through the meat a couple of times where it joins. Repeat for the remainder of the cutlets.
- Brush the rolls all over with a little oil and season with salt and pepper as desired. Place on a hot barbecue grill or in a frying pan on high heat, turning every couple of minutes to brown evenly. It will take about 10 minutes for the lamb rolls to cook through.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with fresh coriander, a squeeze of lemon and a dash of oil.
Source: Beef + Lamb New Zealand