- 1 pound ground veal
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped black olives
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup crumbled and drained feta cheese
- 2 cups jarred, roasted red peppers (or 3 fresh roasted peppers, peeled and seeded)
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Toppings (optional): eggplant slices, grilled zucchini slices, sliced tomatoes, sliced grilled red onion
- In a bowl, combine ground veal, olives and oregano. Form into 4 patties. Let stand in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- To prepare Feta Bell Pepper Sauce, place all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and process until puréed. The sauce will thicken in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to high. Oil the grill. Grill the veal burgers for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked. Toast the buns.
- Spread burger buns with Feta Bell Pepper Sauce. Place meat and toppings on bun and serve.