Mama Catelli’s Veal Stew
1 1/2 hrs.
1 1/2 hrs.
- 2 1/2 pounds Catelli veal stew meat
- 2 large green peppers
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- Water (16 ounces)
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt, or sprinkle to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper, or sprinkle to taste
- 1 large can of Hunts Tomato Sauce (32 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Chop up peppers and onions in medium-size pieces. Put a small amount of oil in bottom of a stockpot.
- Put stew in the pot and brown for 10 minutes on medium heat. Add onions and peppers to the pot and stir.
- Continue to cook veal, peppers and onions together. Meanwhile, peel and chop potatoes into small cubes.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and stir. Simmer until veal is tender and vegetables are half-cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the can of tomatoes to the mixture. Add water to cover meat and vegetables (about 16 ounces).
- Bring to boil, and then reduce to low. Add ½ teaspoon sugar, stir, and then cover.
- Simmer on low for one hour. Stir occasionally.
Source: Mama Catelli