Lamb Ribs Carolina
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 American Lamb spareribs, trimmed
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Stir together seasoned salt, paprika, pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Rub seasoning into ribs.
- In small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Warm over medium heat; stir until butter is melted. Reserve 1/3 cup for basting.
- In shallow non-metal dish, place lamb ribs. Pour marinade over ribs, cover and refrigerate. Marinate 2 to 6 hours. Discard marinade.
- To Roast: Place ribs on rack in roasting pan. Roast in 375°oven 40 minutes. Baste ribs with reserved marinade and cook an additional 20 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.
To Grill: Cook over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill 4” from coals for 30 to 45 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Brush on marinade during last 10 minutes of grilling.
Source: American Lamb Board