Lamb Creole Gumbo
- 1 pound Catelli Fresh American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced okra, defrosted
- 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- Coat lamb with flour. In large pan with cover, heat oil over medium-hot heat. Add lamb and brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, wine, parsley, lemon, salt, thyme, bay leaf, and garlic. Simmer, covered, 1 1/2 hours. Add okra and black-eyed peas.
- Cook 10 to 15 additional minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Source: American Lamb Board