Herb Roasted Lamb Top Round
• 1 1/2 pounds lamb top round
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 6 tablespoons olive oil, separated
• 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
• Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously salt and pepper top round. Sear all sides of lamb in a sauté pan coated with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Rub seared lamb with remaining olive oil, minced garlic and fresh herbs. Lay out top round in roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until lamb reaches an internal temperature of 125°F for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let meat rest for 5 minutes before carving.
Source: American Lamb Board & Catelli Brothers