Herb-Crusted Racks of Lamb
- 2 racks of American Lamb (8 ribs each), trimmed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except lamb; mix well. Pat mixture on outside of racks.
- Place lamb on broiler rack, bone-side down, in shallow roasting pan. Roast 30 to 35 minutes in 375° oven or to desired degree of doneness: 145° for medium-rare, 160° for medium, 170° for well. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
Source: American Lamb Board