Hazelnut Crusted Rack of Lamb
Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:28-38 mins.
- 2 Catelli Brothers American Lamb racks, frenched
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins rubbed off using cloth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh rosemary, chopped fresh mint
1. Pat lamb racks dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Brown meat side of each rack until golden brown; set aside.
2. In food processor, finely grind nuts; set aside.
3. In small bowl, combine mustard, garlic, rosemary, and mint. Spread mustard mixture over meat side of racks. Sprinkle on ground hazelnuts.
4. Place racks meat side up in shallow roasting pan. Roast at 375° for 28 to 38 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
5. Remove from oven, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board