Grilled Lamb Steak Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds American Lamb leg steaks, cut 1” thick
- 6 green onions
- 3 fresh poblano or ancho chilies (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved
- 12 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- Fresh salsa
- To prepare marinade combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place lamb in glass dish and pour marinade over lamb. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot coals. Grill lamb, onions, chilies, and bell peppers 4” from coals.
- Cook steaks 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness: 145°for medium-rare, 160° for medium or 170° for well. Turn vegetables frequently until cooked.
- Slice lamb steaks and vegetables into 1/4” thick slices. Serve on tortillas, top with salsa and roll up.
Source: American Lamb Board