Grilled Citrus American Lamb Skewers
- 2 1/2 pounds American lamb leg kabobs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 dill sprigs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 2” squares
- 2 large yellow squash, cut into 2” squares
- 2 red onions, cut into 2” squares
- In a food processor add olive oil, yellow onion, garlic, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper. Pulse until puréed. Next, place the lamb cubes in a plastic bag and pour the marinade over the lamb. Place the lamb in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator at least an hour before grilling. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water to keep them from burning on the grill.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. To assemble the kabobs, fill skewers, alternating zucchini, yellow squash, red onion and lamb until all ingredients have been used.
- Grill the skewers, rotating lamb on all sides, until cooked to desired doneness, about 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
Source: Climbing Grier Mountain & The American Lamb Board