Grilled American Lamb Loin Chops with Six Spices
- 4 American Lamb loin chops
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked salt
- 1 bay leaf
- In a spice grinder (or coffee grinder), grind coriander, fennel, thyme, peppercorns, salt, and bay leaf until fine. Sprinkle spice rub over lamb chops.
- Bring chops to room temperature (at least 30 minutes out of the refrigerator) before grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill chops for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side. For medium-rare, remove lamb chops from heat when thermometer registers between 130° and 135° (or to desired doneness), being careful not to burn spice rub. Rest chops, lightly covered, for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Source: American Lamb Board