Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread with American Lamb Crumbles
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (Kosher or sea salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (to taste; remove seeds for less spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole loaf of bread
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or your favorite combo)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add in the ground lamb.
- Season the lamb with salt, garlic powder, pepper, onion powder and chili powder.
- Sauté 4 to 5 minutes until lamb crumbles and is cooked through; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the Garlic Butter ingredients and set aside.
- To prepare bread, using a sharp serrated knife, cut diagonal lines along the loaf of bread about 1” apart.
- Turn the bread and cut the same diagonal line across. This creates diamond shapes all over the bread. Cut as deeply as you can but don’t cut all the way through the loaf.
- To assemble, spoon the Garlic Butter all along the cut lines of the bread. Scatter half of the cheese along the cuts.
- Layer the lamb over the cheese. Top with remaining cheese. Brush any remaining butter over the top of the bread.
- Wrap the loaf entirely in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove foil and serve right away by pulling away small pieces of “diamonds.”
Source: Two Purple Figs & The American Lamb Board