Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:30 mins.
• 4 veal cutlets, 4 ounces each
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
• 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons capers with liquid, undrained
• 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
• 1⁄2 lemon sliced thin
1. Place veal between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten veal to 1/4” thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
2. Combine the melted butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the veal in the butter and oil until browned on both sides. Transfer the veal to a serving platter, set aside, and keep warm. Reserve drippings in the skillet.
3. Sauté garlic in the drippings for 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer; cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the capers and their liquid, and simmer for an additional minute.
4. Pour the sauce over the veal and sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with thin lemon slices.
Photo & Recipe: Catelli Brothers