Veal NY Strip Steak with Candied Lemon & Honey
Prep Time:35 mins.
Cook Time:30 mins.
4 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal strip loin steaks, 5 oz. each
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 cup demi-glace sauce
• 1 tomato, diced
• 1/4 cup basil chiffonade
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 lemons
• 1 cup water
• 1/4 cup honey
- To prepare the Lemon Sauce, zest the lemons and boil the zest in 1/2 cup water. Drain zest and cool quickly in 1/2 cup cold water.
- In the same pot, cook the zest of lemon in the lemon water and honey on low heat for about 20 minutes or until the mixture becomes syrupy. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook the veal steaks in the oil and butter on moderately high heat for about 3 minutes on each side, turning only once.
- Remove to a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour the lemon sauce and demi-glace sauce into the pan, bring to a boil and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen the coagulated sauté juice.
- Add diced tomato and basil. Check seasoning.
- Pour the sauce onto the veal steaks.
Photo & Recipe: Grainfedveal.com