Veal Mushroom Slider
Prep Time:30 mins.
Cook Time:10 mins.
8 ounces ground veal
8 ounces button mushrooms, chopped fine
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
6 slices smoked Gouda cheese
6 slider rolls
3 tablespoons canola oil
8 ounces sliced, caramelized onions
3 ounces button mushrooms, wedged
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- To make the topping, heat canola oil in a medium sauté pan. Add the sliced onions and stir until they brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and continue to brown this mixture until completely caramelized, about 10 to15 minutes. Add chopped parsley and stir. Reserve warm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the veal, chopped mushrooms, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and chopped parsley.
- Form the meat mixture into 6 sliders, about 3 oz. per patty.
- Grill each slider for 2 to 3 minutes on first side. Flip the slider, add the Gouda cheese and allow the cheese to melt while cooking 2-3 minutes on the second side. Cook the slider until it has reached a final internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve on toasted potato rolls and top each slider with the caramelized onions and mushroom mixture.
Photo & Recipe: VealMadeEasy.com; funded by the Beef Checkoff