- Veal filet, about 1 3/4 pounds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups cream
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Trim veal filet and season.
2. In a frying pan, melt butter on high heat and brown filet on all sides.
3. Place filet on a grill in a dripping pan and finish cooking in oven until inside temperature reaches 150°.
4. Meanwhile, deglaze frying pan with syrup and cream. Let reduce and simmer on low heat while stirring constantly with a whisk until desired consistency is reached. Salt and pepper at the end of cooking.
5. Remove filet from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. In general, when the filet shrinks, it is sufficiently cooked enough with a pink color inside.
6. Slice filet into medallions and coat with sauce.