Veal Chops with Mushrooms
Prep Time:10 mins.
Cook Time:15 mins.
- 4 veal rib or loin chops, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/8 cup dry sherry
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place chops on grill over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness, turning once and sprinkling with herbs after turning. Serve with mushrooms.
2. In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper; add mushrooms and toss well.
3. Transfer mushrooms to a grilling basket or rack in a broiler pan and grill or broil until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is softened and pale gold, about 1 minute. Add sherry and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and parsley; toss well. Serve over grilled veal chops.
Photo & Recipe: VealMadeEasy.com