Veal Chops with Almond & Curry Sauce
Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:20 mins.
6 Quebec Grain-Fed Veal rib chops
• Butter or vegetable oil in sufficient quantity
Almond & Curry Sauce
• 6 shallots, thinly sliced
• 1 cup almonds, cut into julienne strips
• 3/4 cup dry white wine
• 2/3 cup light whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°F or 350°F, according to the time you have for cooking.
- Season the veal chops to taste.
- In a frying pan, on high, heat butter or oil.
- When the butter is no longer sizzling or when the oil is beginning to separate, brown the veal chops on both sides. At the end of cooking, add shallots and almond.
- Remove the chops from the frying pan and place them on a grill in a roasting pan.
- Finish cooking in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 147°F. At this stage, the slower the cooking, the more tender the meat will be. The meat will begin to shrink in volume and the meat juices will appear on the surface.
- Remove the chops from the oven, cover lightly with aluminum foil and let sit for a few minutes until center of the meat reaches 150°F.
- Meanwhile, deglaze the frying pan with the white wine and add cream and curry powder.
- Reduce until desired consistency and adjust seasoning.
- Place the chops on plates, cover with Almond and Curry Sauce and serve.
Photo & Recipe: Grainfedveal.com