Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:15 mins.
8 4-ounce portions of thinly shaved veal top round (partially frozen)
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon butter
16 ounces onions and peppers, thinly sliced
8 hoagie rolls, toasted
12 ounces of provolone cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
12 ounces veal stock
5 ounces evaporated milk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- For the cheese sauce, combine cheese and cornstarch, set aside.
- In a pot, simmer milk, stock, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Add cheese; stir and season with salt and pepper, keep warm.
- Season veal with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Sauté veal until golden brown and remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, char onions and peppers.
- Fill each hoagie roll with veal, onions and peppers. Top with cheese and serve.
Photo & Recipe: Beef Checkoff