Sweet & Spicy Lamb Chops with Buckwheat Salad
Prep Time:20-30 mins.
Cook Time:10 mins.
2 cups toasted buckwheat groats (hulled grain, broken into fragments)
1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
1 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1 cup sweet corn kernels
1 diced heirloom tomato
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cups canola oil
1/4 cup pickled shallots, thinly sliced
1 diced ripe avocado
Gochujang Honey Glaze
1/4 cup gochujang red chile paste (Korean condiment)
1/4 cup clover honey
Lamb T-bone Chops
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 Australian lamb T-bone chops
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Chopped fresh chives, as needed
- For the Salad: Cook the buckwheat as directed on the package. Drain and refrigerate until cold.
- For the Vinaigrette: Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor. Begin the processor and slowly drizzle in the oil until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled buckwheat with the parsley, bell pepper, corn, and tomatoes. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with about 1/3 cup of the vinaigrette and top with the shallots and avocado.
- For the Gochujang-Honey Glaze: In a small bowl, combine both ingredients and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- For the lamb, preheat a large skillet over high heat and add oil. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Once the oil begins to smoke, sear the chops for 2 minutes on each side.
- Brush each chop with 1 tablespoon of glaze and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, place two lamb chops and ½ cup of the buckwheat salad on the plate, garnished with fresh chopped chives.
Photo & Recipe: True Aussie Beef and Lamb & Chef Adam Moore