Slow Cooker American Lamb & Fig Stew
Prep Time:10 mins.
Cook Time:6-8 hrs.
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed and cubed American Lamb boneless leg or shoulder
- 2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 pound red onions, trimmed and cut into narrow wedges
- 1-1/2 pounds yams, pared and cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup dried figs, stemmed and halved
- 1/4 cup flour, mixed with 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup minced parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper
1. In a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker, combine lamb, broth, wine, onions, yams, and orange peel. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until lamb is tender.
2. Stir in figs and flour-wine mixture; cook 45 minutes longer.
3. If desired, add minced parsley and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board