Seared Lamb Medallions with Almond & Mint Pea Cream & Baby Vegetables
Prep Time:30 mins.
Cook Time:20 mins.
- 10 Australian lamb loins (7 ounces each), mid-cut glued
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 ounces chicken stock
- 4 ounces green peas
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- Baby vegetables, prepared, blanched and refreshed (asparagus, carrots, potatoes, brussels sprouts, cauliflower)
- 30 baby black olives
- 2 ounces raw almonds
- 10 ounces veal jus
1. Bring the chicken stock to a boil, and add peas. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
2. Drain and reserve the stock. Purée and press peas through a fine sieve. Adjust seasoning and consistency with reserved stock and cream. Add chopped fresh mint just before serving. Keep warm.
3. Wrap each lamb loin with prosciutto and season with black pepper. Slice each loin into three medallions. Heat oil over medium heat and brown the medallions. Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Heat baby vegetables in boiling water.
5. Arrange vegetables, olives, almonds, and lamb medallions decoratively on the plate and dot with pea cream and veal jus.
Cook’s Tip: This dish is also delicious created with a loin roast.
Photo & Recipe: Meat & Livestock Australia