Salsa Verde Marinated Lamb Loin Chops
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- To prepare Salsa Verde, in a food processor, combine the mint, parsley, scallions, red onion, lemon juice, vinegar and crushed red pepper. Turn on the processor and slowly drizzle in the oil until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer half of the Salsa Verde to a baking dish and stir in the cumin and paprika.
- Place lamb chops in shallow baking dish and spoon Salsa Verde over them to coat. Save remaining Salsa Verde for garnish.
- Preheat a grill to HIGH. Add the chops to the grill and cook until just medium-rare, constantly turning them so they do not burn, about 6 minutes per side.
- Remove the chops from the grill, top with the remaining Salsa Verde to serve.
Source: Courtesy of True Aussie Beef & Lamb