Roasted Loin of Lamb with Thick Cut Fries & Wild Mushrooms
Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:50 mins.
- 2 Australian short loins (2 pounds each), boned and rolled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, field and wild mixture, wiped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 9 large yellow-skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into large chips
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup horseradish cream
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Season lamb with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast lamb in preheated oven, 20 to 30 minutes per pound. Remove from oven and allow to rest prior to serving.
2. Prepare mushrooms and potatoes while lamb is roasting. On stove top, melt butter and add mushrooms to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes until mushrooms are browned and soft. Add parsley.
3. Blanch the potato chips in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove chips and dry with paper towels. Just before serving, deep fry chips on stove top until golden, then dust with rosemary, black pepper and salt.
4. Cut and serve lamb in thick medallions with chips and mushrooms. Serve with mustard and horseradish on the side.
Cook’s Tip: Lamb may be cut into thick steaks then pan fried and finished in the oven to the desired doneness.
Photo & Recipe: Meat & Livestock Australia