Roasted Leg of American Lamb with Feta Vinaigrette
Prep Time:15 mins.
Cook Time:2 1/2 hrs.
- 1 American Lamb leg, boneless (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 pint plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup juice from 2 lemons
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
1. Mix yogurt, curry, garlic, and salt; rub over lamb. Refrigerate; marinate overnight.
2. Place lamb on roasting rack in a roasting pan. Roast at 375° for approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches desired doneness.
3. To make the Feta Vinaigrette mix together in a bowl lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, oil, salt, and pepper. Add the cheese.
4. Remove lamb from oven; let rest for 15 minutes.
5. Slice to desired thickness; top with Feta Vinaigrette.
Photo & Recipe: American Lamb Board