Parsley, Orange & Pecan Crusted Rack of Lamb
Prep Time:5 mins.
Cook Time:20 mins.
2 racks of Australian lamb (8 chops to each rack)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Zest of 1 orange, finely grated
¾ cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rub the lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Position the racks in a roasting pan, meaty side up and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the lamb is cooking, combine the parsley, garlic, orange zest and pecans in a bowl.
- Remove the lamb racks from the oven and spread each rack on the meaty side with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Divide the herb and nut mix equally between the racks and coat, gently pressing into the mustard.
- Return to the oven and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
Photo & Recipe: True Aussie Beef and Lamb & Chef Renee Scharoff